Take It Away Anna

Anna's take aways from life.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

One Voice

I’ve always been a late bloomer. In high school, I was one of the last girls to wear a bra. I got my period when almost all of the girls in class already had theirs. Years ago. And, I had my first boyfriend when the rest of my friends were already getting married and having kids. Now, I’m late again. It’s 2006, and it is only now that I have started to write my own blog.

One of my thesis mentors during my MBA told me that I should start to write a blog. Not for the reasons most of us blog today, like to keep in touch with friends, but mainly because a blog gives you a voice. So intense.

But true. A blog does give you a voice which you otherwise might not have. Easily. Suddenly, a shy and reserved girl like me can speak my thoughts the same why that Yahoo or CNN do.

In AIM, they call it “air time”. That golden moment where 50 of your competitive, recitation-hungry classmates, together with your professor, actually stop and listen to what you say. Outside of your air time, you are expected to keep quiet, listen, and wait for your turn to be called.

So a blog does give one a voice. It may just be one voice out of the billions of voices out there, but nonetheless, still a voice. And somehow, someone out there may just stumble upon your blog and listen to your voice. And who knows, that insignificant and immaterial voice you thought you were, may actually turn out to be someone’s answered prayer.

So here’s to all the blogs out there. The blogs of my fabulous girlfriends, the blogs that I read for amusement, and the blogs that I read for research. Thanks for airing your voices. Rest assured, they are not left unheard and unnoticed. I hear them. Loud and clear.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    So... take it away, ANNA!!!=)

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger gwenny14 said…

    so sweet... :) you will have all the airtime you can have here at blogger. I will definitely be listening too. :)

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Lovella said…

    i so love this first entry of yours marcie. so very well written. i always knew you are not a retard through and through! hahaha. miss you girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home